Monday, January 02, 2006

Lyme Park

Today we travelled up to Lyme Park where of course the BBC's version of Pride and Prejudice [starring Colin Firth] was filmed. The Hall itself [pictured] was closed but the grounds were open, as I believe they are most days.

We were here during the summer working on a short route [a 'stroll'] for my forthcoming walks book. On that particular day the sun shone [I believe it was either August or September] and we saw very few walkers. Today was very different - it was dull, slightly overcast and cold but there were so many people and families walking. Perhaps they're trying to lose the calories they all put on over Christmas.

Well the walk was fine and we enjoyed ourselves. The next few days will be taken up [after work] with tidying up the manuscript etc. before sending it off to my publisher.

Back to work tomorrow after ten and a half days off.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, how you can have a thread like this and not title it "Twist Of Lyme" I don't know...
MJ

Unknown said...

I am in a very different mindset when I'm working on this blog. My other one is much funnier [hopefully] !

Anonymous said...

I expected one of our local walking writers to produce a "walk the Pride and Prejudice Country" book, featuring locations used in the recent film and the BBC series.
There should be plenty of scope with Chatsworth, North Lees. Haddon, Stanage Edge as well as Lyme Park. G

Unknown said...

There's time G - plenty of time ...