Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Proofs received


The proofs of Drive and Stroll in Derbyshire and the Peak District dropped through the letterbox this morning and Paula from Countryside Books would like them back by next Wednesday - which shouldn't be a problem.

The proofs look good but as usual one or two photos [which I thought would be featured have been omitted] - such as the one here. It's interesting how we have different ideas as to what ought to be in and what didn't.

Still, the checkers have all got their names in [unless I've forgotten someone] and it sounds as though the book will be out in June or July just in time for the summer.

For me, like many others I'm sure, the work is done and the book is out of the way. I am now looking forward to the next project - whatever that is. I never become blase about the books I've written as I feel very lucky to have done them [and it's what I always hoped I would be able to do] but sometimes I think I spend too much time looking forward and not enough time looking back thinking "You've achieved quite a lot ....." - perhaps it's human nature.

No comments: