Saturday, November 18, 2006

Must try harder !

I haven't posted anything on Blogger for months now and I must get into the habit of doing so.

Since I was last here I've resigned as Footpath Secretary of the Derbyshire Dales Group of the Ramblers ~ something I should have done years ago. But more of that another day.

At present I'm working towards finishing off my tenth book and so today I was walking around Holmesfield, just south of Sheffield, and visiting the Angel Inn ~ a pub worth visiting.

Pictured is an unusual stile made by British Gates and Timber Ltd of Biddenham, Kent. I know because it says so on the stile. The only other one I've seen like this was at Orford Ness in Suffolk.

2 comments:

Les, said...

There are stiles very similar to this on the West Highland way near Dumgoyne.

Unknown said...

I've never been on the West Highland Way, Les. I will have to add it to my to do list.

I like these stiles [or are they gates]. The only other one I have seen like it was in East Anglia at Orford Ness.