Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Up on Longstone Edge in the snow


Briefly, before I set off for work, let me upload an image I captured on Sunday, the 5th March 2006.

It was taken on Longstone Edge, near Calver. It was a near cloudless sky with a cold, cold wind blowing along the top of the Edge - straight into my face.

There were few people about - just the odd walker, a few mountain bikers and about ten 4x4s using the old lanes and tracks that criss cross the hillside.

I walked about five miles and enjoyed the sight of the catkins on the trees and the promise of Springtime which is presumably soon to be with us.

A lovely day and a nice change to enjoy some 'winter' walking.

4 comments:

MaryB said...

Gorgeous photo, Charlie. I love a beautiful winter's day, and you've captured it.

Unknown said...

Thanks Mary - we don't get as much snow as we used to do in Derbyshire so we have to make the most of it.

apprentice said...

Lovely shot, shadows on the snow are good.

BTW found that garden, just called Helmsley Walled Garden. Quite a place, would love to see it. They offer their management and restoration plans for sale, they might be worth a look.

Unknown said...

Thanks Apprentice, It was one of those days - I took other shots but some had too much flare - not that I'm averse to using flare now and again.

Glad you found the garden - I half wondered if it was at Helmsley. If you get the chance to visit it I would recommend it [if you're in the area anyway].

Will look forward to more postings on 'your' garden.