Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Rhodes family go forth .....


Yep, Ruth and Graham and son Tom are out checking the first walk for my tenth book - a 5 to 6 mile route based on Dovedale - see the picture in the last blog.

Last week we were walking down near Ambergate walk. The walk took us into Shining Cliff Wood and up to Alderwasley - we had a look at St. Mary's Chapel [with its Sheela-na-gig] - before descending to the A6.

We then followed the Cromford Canal back to the Hurt Arms.

It was way too hot for walking but when the sun shines, the feet itch [to walk !].

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your photos are fantastic!

Unknown said...

Thank you. I assumed you clicked on them and saw the larger version ?

Anonymous said...

those pics are nice,,, it reminds me of the place, where my grandparents live in chocolate hills in bohol, its all gone we sell them ,, since grandparents gone,,,nice view,,love,

Anonymous said...

nice pics and fantastic blog! Thanks for sharing, it reminds me the time that I have been living in East Yorkshire...