Saturday, January 14, 2006

Nearly done ....


Just another three or four walks to finish off ... as in 'finish typing up the fine details'. Then I can send them off to Countryside Books and they will have the manuscript. Then I will be free !

I've enjoyed working on 'Drive and Stroll in Derbyshire and the Peak District' but having revamped 'Pub Strolls in Derbyshire' as well during this last year it's meant a lot of work. That's over 50 walks I've walked. This is a man who doesn't just talk the talk - he actually walks the walk.

So later today I hope to go out on a walk without having to think about the book. Pictured is one of the images that has been sent to the publisher so it might feature in 'Drive and Stroll .....' - it may be too dull however. They usually like 'sunny' photos and whilst I can see why, sometimes mist is more evocative. The photo itself was taken in Holmesfield Park Wood and I do recommend walking in that area, just south of Sheffield, very near to Totley.

We'll see what happens.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's now 8.04am on Monday, the 16th January 2006, and the last of the 'manuscript' has just been sent electronically to Countryside Books in Newbury.

This evening I can relax a bit and catch up with lots of other stuff.

It's a great relief, though I have enjoyed exploring places I've never walked before such as Dovestone Reservoir in the far north of the Peak District and Weston on Trent in the south of Derbyshire.

In between I've visited Holmesfield, Waterhouses, Rowthorne and Church Wilne. So it's been a learning experience for me too.

Anonymous said...

I look forward to the new book
By the way, I've heard that you not only talk the talk and walk the walk, but talk on the walk! G

MaryB said...

I love this picture, Charlie. To heck with the publishers - this looks a more inviting walk to me than a sunlit field.

Keep me posted on the book's publication.

Unknown said...

I do the lot G - though when I'm on my own I try not to talk [unless it's into my dictating machine - a nice little digital number which always looks rather incongruous in the countryside].

Glad you like the photograph Mary. I've always liked misty, moody, shots - they can be very evocative especially in woods and graveyards. We will see if the publisher thinks the same way. I rather imagine the book won't be done until June/July.