Friday, February 03, 2006

At last - it's done .... and 'Drive and Stroll in Derbyshire and the Peak District' will hit the shops later this year.


Yes, the various questions on the manuscript have been answered; the maps have been checked [we nearly ended up with 'Parwick' rather than 'Parwich']; and, well, it's just great to be free.

This great feeling will last about two weeks after which my life will begin to seem aimless again. Still, I'm sure I will be able to fill my time with plenty of other things.

Pictured is Lyme Hall in summertime. You could spend a day up at Lyme Park near Stockport with no problems at all. There's some excellent walking through the park and down to the Maccclesfield Canal. Then there's a tearoom and a restaurant. After that you could walk round the garden or visit the Hall - though I have to say I've not been in it.

2 comments:

apprentice said...

Another lovely one, shame the sky is so flat, good old UK skies!

Unknown said...

Somewhere I've got a better one of this view - a horizontal one - with some figures walking along the grass at the bottom of the image.

In the past I've used filters to improve the skies but I must admit [at present] I'm just taking them 'naturally' with a fairly ordinary Kodak DX3900. Though I'm pleased enough with it.

Before long I hope to get something a little better.